Waiting on Grace

Hello dear reader.  Realized I haven't blogged much about this precious baby currently inside, and for my own memory I need to take a moment and write out some details.

I'm currently 38.5 weeks along, at that beautiful point in gestation where I feel like I will be pregnant forever.  I wrote a very similar blog during my last pregnancy, appropriately titled Waiting on Ruby.  As I re-read all my babies' birth stories this afternoon I realized two things about that particular blog post - First, I wrote a LOT of TMI details about everything I was doing to get her OUT.  My apologies.  And second, none of it made any difference.  She came when she was ready.  Unfortunately for me, that happened to be eight days past her due date.  NEVER before had I seen my due date, as my first three babes were all early.

The shirt says it all.

This morning I had a rather discouraging appointment with one of my favorite midwives, where I realized the only thing physically increasing on my person was the number on the scale.  I mean, come on.  I know that dilation can really mean nothing, and even my midwife told me she was exactly where I am now the day her water broke with her own baby number five.  But she also kept it real, stating it didn't seem like Grace would be coming anytime soon.  Ouch.

So, you can imagine my distress at the very thought that my Gracie would also choose to be late to show her sweet face.  I even gave her my permission to come yesterday, offering to kindly SHARE my birthday with her.  I thought that was nice enough, but NO, she wasn't having it.  Typical girl.  Everyday I feel sore, tired, and uncomfortable.  The only thing pregnancy-related that brings a smile to my swollen face is every time Joel touches my belly and whispers to his baby sister.  I told him she'll know his voice more than anyone else's, as much as he loves to tell her Good Morning, Good Night, and everything in between. 

Looks like someone needs an attitude adjustment.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm quite literally waiting on Grace.  Not just MY Grace, the birth of my fifth (and, please God) last child.  But also waiting on the Lord's grace to carry me through another trying time in my life.  And just like most times I feel the nudge to take some time to blog, God has shown up and reminded me through writing that all I need to do is wait on His compassion, His goodness, His love.  Everything else is just details.  Ah, perspective.  It's a wonderful thing.

On another positive note... A dear friend urged me to do something really smart - Schedule a prenatal massage following next week's 39 week appointment.  I now have something to look forward to, something I won't have to cancel if I'm still "with child" this time next week.  I can't think of anything better.

Oh I love you, my little Gracie.  Momma cannot wait to see your face and hold you in my arms.

Comments

  1. You look wonderful btw... Have you tried leg/foot massage? When I was on bedrest, they told me under no circumstances could I have leg/foot massage because it could induce labor! Tell Kyle to get on it! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking