The Cancellation

In case you haven't heard, Gabriel's Walk and 5K - which was to be held this Saturday - had  to be cancelled. It's hard to say why we had such a severe lack of interest this year. Maybe because we changed the month. Maybe because we changed the time. But the painfully honest truth is that as Gabriel's mom, it just feels like no one cares about my son anymore. The overwhelming compassion and love that has been extended to us is starting to fade after four years. He's no longer on people's minds. His short life is no longer something people remember. So an event that brought 80-100 people the past three years only brought in 23 people this year. It was a huge smack in the face, but I guess it should be expected... I can at least say this - Those of you who registered, those few companies who were going to sponsor us this year, and those of you who met us at Gabriel's gravesite to celebrate his Angelversary for his 4th Heavenly Birthday: You are holding a very special place in my heart. So please believe me when I say that I'm so appreciative of your support and love. Muah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

Horrible, Thanks for Asking

My Tattoos...