Transitions

My hubby and I had a very busy weekend preparing for Miss Ruby's arrival.  Yesterday we spent over four hours switching the kids' bedrooms around so that "the girls" will be sharing the larger of the two bedrooms.  (Oh em gee, I'm about to have "girls."  Plural.  More than one.)

I decided to upload the pictures here on my blog to explain our thought process - Because the kids have multiple transitions coming up (new bedrooms, new baby sister coming, and Joel starting kindergarten), we decided to make the new room arrangements as soon as possible, so they had time to adjust before the next change happened.  We originally thought about putting the two oldest together, and leaving the nursery as-is for Ruby, but I was concerned about Zoe's anticipated jealousy increasing over the new baby being in her room, sleeping in her crib.  Not to mention that we'd have to make another transition of the girls moving into the larger room in about a year, anyway.

Many of you have expressed your concern about the sleeping arrangements - a toddler and an infant in the same room.  To further explain - The "plan" is for Ruby to be in a bassinet in our room for three months, which is just what we did when Joel and Zoe arrived.  It's always nice to not have to get out of bed for nighttime feedings, and with Kyle having his summers off, we both don't mind having a little visitor during those months.  We are hoping and praying Ruby becomes a good sleeper by that point, just like her older siblings who were sleeping through the night around 3 to 5 months old.  But we decided to arrange the room with Zoe behind the door, and Ruby near the glider - so that big sister will be minimally disturbed when I need to come in to tend to baby.

And now...  Please enjoy these pictures of our big switcheroo, including a few before shots!  You'll notice not everything is perfect, or even matches - we didn't buy a single thing to create these new spaces.  But I honestly couldn't be happier with the outcome!  I was graciously given my childhood furniture from my mom for my girls to enjoy, and we decorated and re-arranged using what we already had.  You'll find a few detail shots below.

The spare bedroom was our office when we first moved in.
Then it turned into Zoe's nursery...
And now it's a Big Boy Room!
Joel's bed, with his Captain America blanket close by.
We bought these when I was pregnant with Joel, so they had to move to the new room.
Some nostalgia for us all - Joel's newborn pics.
A precious gift from a dear friend, picture of "Gabe's Rainbow."
 
Girls' Room - My childhood furniture has a new home!
The beautifully painted ceiling remains.  Makes the room feel so whimsical.
Ruby's Side
Zoe's Side
Amazing quotes were also a precious gift - happy to have them for my girls to cherish.

Angel figurine holding a baby - A small reminder of their older brother, Gabriel.
Burpcloths & Barrettes - What else do you need?!

Comments

  1. So beautiful! I love your gorgeous, very simple, lovely home:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking