Third Trimester

I'm 27 weeks along, and most books/websites agree that means I'm in my third trimester now!  Weight gain so far is at five pounds.  This pregnancy really has flown by - I guess that's what happens when you have two little ones at home.  But yet I still fear that these last three months are going to feel like a slow creep.

I'm not feeling the best physically.  I've been dealing with a horrible head cold for a week now, and it's so much tougher to endure coughing that leads to peeing (yes, I said it) and congestion that leads to nose bleeds.  Welcome to my honest world of pregnancy. 

Last week, a workout left me crampy and sore, which has finally brought me to the understanding that I must stop running.  I am thankful I was able to do it for so long, and I plan on continuing to walk/bike/use the elliptical three times a week to stay active.  The heartburn has started and usually turns into full on indigestion by the evening - with a pleasant sword-stabbing-sternum sensation.  Oh, lovely.  And the headaches are back, but I'm trying my best to keep them at bay with an increase in my magnesium supplement and my trusty safe pain medications.

The hormones are really getting high, and I had the most tearful day yesterday.  It wasn't all sad tears, but they just kept coming all the same!  It started at church, with an amazing testimony and a beautiful message. Then my sister went into a sneeze-fest moments after she drank some of my coffee and I warned her I was sick.  After her first sneeze she looked at me and whispered, "It's already happening!" and after about her sixth sneeze I was laughing so hard I was crying.  Later that evening at dinner, the subject of rainbows came up (my symbol for the joy that comes after mourning) and Joel declared "I LOVE rainbows!"  My sister gave me a quick side glance, just knowing that statement alone was going to cause the tears to start all over again.  And finally, we were all enjoying some America's Funniest Home Videos, and (in case you didn't see  it) the winning video was of a family being told the daughter was expecting.  The soon-to-be Grandma was ecstatic, but after a few moments, the news finally caught up to the Great Grandma to-be, and we all start saying, "Oh my gosh!  Who does that look like?!"  Her physical appearance as well as her mannerisms reminded us all of my Grandmother - who's up in Heaven, hanging out with my Gabriel.  And precious Joel started yelling "Nanny!  Nanny!  That looks like Nanny!"  Tears, tears, tears.

So, onto some more happy news.  Even though it happens to be snowing right now as I type this - Spring is coming and that means outside playtime for the kiddos, walks at the park, open doors and windows.  And as each day passes by, I am getting more and more excited to see this little girl and her precious face, to hold and snuggle her, and see how her siblings react to their new little sister!

Enjoy these pics of the bump.  And try not to see the obvious differences between doing my hair and feeling healthy during week 25, and having a massive head cold and no time for hair during my week 27 shot.  Thanks!!  :)

27 weeks

25 weeks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking