Comparison Shots

23 weeks 3 days - Ruby
23 weeks - Joel
23 weeks - Gabriel
24 weeks Zoe
Man, they aren't kidding when they say "every pregnancy is different!"  It's hard to believe how different each of my pregnancies have been...

Joel - Heartburn was first symptom, and continued throughout pregnancy.  Craved cereal and milk.  Was told I could gain between 25 and 35 pounds and was thrilled to discover I hit that mark right in the middle, at 30 pounds.  He was born early at 37 weeks after my water broke.  I wanted a natural birth, but ended up getting an epidural 11 hours later.  Labor was 22 hours from water breaking to birth.  He weighed 7lbs 11oz.

Gabriel - Had heartburn as well, but by far the most annoying symptom during this pregnancy was the early false labor, which started weeks before he actually came.  Gained 20 pounds, had very little appetite - probably due to the intense sadness (read about Gabe's story HERE).  He was born early at 36 weeks.  I was urged to get an epidural because he was breech.  Labor was 11 hours long.  He weighed 4lbs 11oz.

Zoe - More heartburn, but toughest issue was sleeping.  First time buying and using a body pillow to get comfortable.  Could only handle carbs during the first trimester, gained the most weight at 35 pounds - but was also pregnant the longest.  She was also early, but this time only by three DAYS.  Water broke and she came 12 hours later, was in pain for about 10 of those hours.  Had an epidural, but it didn't really take and I felt everything.  She weighed 7lbs 13oz.

Ruby - NO heartburn - my first bald baby?  Worst morning (all-day) sickness of all my pregnancies, have only put on three pounds at six months.  Had a strong aversion to sweets during first trimester, and actually lost weight.  Have been the most active this time around, still running at 23 weeks along.  Hoping for a quicker labor - because of the weight stability and activity level - because I'm trying to go completely natural!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking