Zoe Update

I feel like Zoe is growing and changing so much.  Decided I'd update you a little on her.  You're welcome.

First of all, the attitude inside that girl is growing by the day.  Quite scary, actually.  Would love some Godly parenting advice from other moms of girls.  I don't just want to throw my hands in the air, in utter surrender, and chalk it up to her being a girl.  I want to make sure I'm guiding and directing her behavior to be sweet and loving... I'm also hard at work expanding her vocabulary to more than "no."

She is now climbing onto everything!



Her hair is getting LONG.


She had her first REAL ponytail!


She's also saying her version of "please" and "thank you" at the appropriate times.  She loves to outstretch her arms and say her version of "so big."  She's still giving giant, open-mouth kisses.  She only has her beloved friend, binky, in the car and in her crib.  She's wearing 24 month clothes and size 5 shoes.

She kinda runs, but really the only thing that makes it different from walking is that she pumps her arms faster, haha.  She cracks herself up often, and definitely has Daddy's goofiness.  She loves playing with her big brother and the two of them entertain each other for hours with simple items like a blanket.

Her bloodwork came back from Children's Hospital and they have confirmed a moderate milk allergy... and also a moderate egg white allergy, and oh yeah... and a high peanut allergy.  Super duper.  My first reaction was "Now she's THAT kid."  But, I've been comforted that these are all very common allergies, and that once you're allergic to one thing, it's typical to have several allergies.  It's a new challenge, for sure.

Please continue praying for me as I get through the next few days until our ultrasound appointment.  Yesterday was rough, and full of tears.  The bottom line is, it's easier to worry that something is going to be seriously wrong than it is to trust the invisible power of my Jesus.  So, I did quite a bit of worrying yesterday.  Today is a new day, and I'm feeling better emotionally.  And I 100% believe that's because there are people praying for me...  so, thank you... and keep it up!  ;)

Comments

  1. She's never had a peanut product? Peanut butter, peanut product in a cookie or other food item?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She totally has. And did not break out in a rash or have trouble breathing. At this point I don't know enough about allergies, but I'm guessing it's not like an epi-pen type of peanut allergy??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meg, not sure if you've heard about the book, "Raising your spirited child". But I've heard it's reeeeally good for how to embrace a strong willed child without "changing"them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking