Pretty Ways to Remember

This past Saturday we gathered the kids for our annual Christmas photo shoot.  For last year's Christmas card, I wanted Gabriel represented in some way so we included a giant framed picture of him to be part of the background.  With the help of our sweet photographer, the end result was pretty amazing, if I do say so myself:

Photo done by Chandra Dickson


Sometimes I have my kiddos hold an embroidered pillow with Gabriel's name on it:

Photo done by Tammy Schowalter

And then sometimes I have the kids hold a little "brother bear" wearing a shirt with Gabe's name on it:


So, this time I decided to "keep it classy" and simply put on the gorgeous necklace my amazingly loving husband purchased for me last Christmas.  You can see the gold heart locket in this shot:

Photo done by Robin Schroyer

I loved being able to have something in the photo which represented him, without it being overly obvious or having something that would become the focus.  So, I decided to tell you more about this lovely necklace and the other items of jewelry I've received as gifts to help keep Gabriel's memory alive.



Here's my best Kate from the Small Things Blog impression as I model this necklace.  Inside, Kyle himself added a small photo of Gabe's precious face on one side and a small lock of his hair on the other.  It's pretty amazing:


Here's a gorgeous double angel-winged necklace I received a year after I lost Gabriel, from my friend Kat:




 And, finally, here's my newest gift of angel jewelry from one of my dearest friends, Lisa.  A beautiful and simple wing on one side:

And on the other side, it says "I will carry you," which made me cry when I read it...




 For more on the importance of that phrase, you should hear about Angie Smith and her daughter Audrey.  Basically, her story is my story.  Her hubby is the lead singer of the Christian band Selah and you can listen to that song and see their personal photos in the video "I Will Carry You" here:



Comments

  1. :) I love that you put Gabe in your daily life.. For a light note, it's like the "Where's Waldo?" search.. Love that you share your heart. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a pretty thoughtful hubby. Just thought I'd remind you because I'm sure you forgot. ;) And I love the "I Will Carry You" wing necklace. It's absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking