My BEST Friends

When I think about my kids, I tend to think I have to be the luckiest Momma in the world.  It's kinda like that when I think about my dearest friends - I am SO lucky.  This post is dedicated to THEM.

One of my funniest and BEST friends recently posed the question, "Why hasn't a blog been written about us?  Clearly we are the reason she's able to 'shine through her sorrow,' I mean, along with her husband and kids."  Ha!  And she's SO right.  So, here it is!  But, FIRST, watch us DANCE!!

I have these four amazing friends... and we couldn't be closer.  We literally talk everyday online, try to have play dates every other week, and a girl's night every other month.  I absolutely do NOT know what I'd do without these ladies in my life.  They are the people in my life I go to for parenting advice, spiritual guidance, and humor relief.  We check in on one another, we're real with each other, we SHARE life together.  And we've absolutely "joked" (on more than one occasion) about starting a commune where we all live together in one giant house and share our most loathed chores, haha.

These ladies are my ROCK.  They do the one thing that a person has to do to show they care - they show up.  They are there when I need them.  They are there when I have events to remember my Gabriel.  They are there when I need to vent, or when I need to cry - and they'll tell you this happens all too often, haha.  They are my dearest, BEST friends and I know that God placed each one of them in my life for a specific purpose.  I LOVE YOU - Amberly (the compassionate one), Laura and Lisa (Our twins - one sweet one and one who keeps it real, both hysterical), and Tara (Our "Momma Cat" cause she's been a Momma the longest and has the most kids - but I've almost caught up!!) - in alphabetical order so no one is favored.  ;)

Posing at a Girl's Night - Lisa, Tara, Amberly, Laura and I

A few of our kids, back in the day when they were little!


At Gabe's Angelversary - with a few husbands in the background, ha!


And here's a shout-out to a few dear friends who YOU can get to know a little better, because they also have blogs:

Laura - My hilariously witty, amazingly sarcastic, Negative Nancy friend.  She and her hubby are in the process of adopting a little girl from Ethiopia, their soon-to-be "African Princess."  You can find her blog about their adventures through adoption HERE.

Tricia - My always loving, supportive, and wise friend.  She has been handed quite the list of trying circumstances - from her son's premature birth, to her husband's brain cancer, to infertility - all of which have pointed to a more real relationship with her Savior.  She's also one of those annoyingly adorable gals who have homes that look like they come straight outta magazines.  You can find her blog on decorating and trials HERE.

Emmy - First of all, isn't that the dearest name ever??  She's my craft-making, organic-eating, natural-food-creating GENIUS of a friend.  I travel an hour to have play dates with Emmy and her equally amazing sister, Karlee.  Just.for.the.food.  Okay, they are also precious friends, encouraging believers, and great listeners.  So there's that.  You can read her blog about all things hand and homemade HERE.  You might recognize some of her photos from Pinterest!

Brandie -  My attentive, lovingly compassionate, always honest friend.  She's super talented in more than one crafty way, and has a blog - Dancing in the Rain - that covers all aspects of her life - kids, projects, Birchbox reviews.  You can read it all HERE.

Happy reading!  :)

(For the record, if you're my friend and you blog and you're not mentioned, it's because we had to wipe our computer clean and I no longer have a "favorites" folder.  I just can't remember them all...  My bad.  No hard feelings.)



Comments

  1. Thanks mama! You're amazing! I am super glad that I get to call you friend. Even if it's only been recently, I am sure that God put you in my life on purpose. Love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking