GummyBear is Growing!

Good morning, readers.  Well, I'm 13 weeks now.  Baby is three inches long, from crown to rump.  Fingerprints are being formed on baby's fingertips.  How amazing is that??

Feels like it took forever to get here, but I'm officially in that safe zone - less fear of a miscarriage - and have now entered the waiting period - until I know that baby has enough fluid, is growing kidneys, and does not have Potter's Syndrome like big brother Gabe.

Up until about 16 weeks, the Momma is responsible for making the fluid that surrounds baby.  Then, around this time, baby starts using those kidneys and begins to swallow and, ahem, pee out the fluid.

With Zoe's pregnancy, we had a friend give us an ultrasound at 16 weeks to give me the peace of mind that everything was going okay, that baby was swimming in an ocean of fluid, and to tell us the gender.  Well, this time we don't want to know what we're having, and I'm hoping I am strong enough to wait until our official ultrasound at 20 weeks to wait to see baby again.

With Joel, my first, I felt my first flutters at 16 weeks.  It was actually more severe than "flutters," it felt like a fish in my belly flopping around.  I can still remember that night, laying in bed, feeling him for the first time.  So, I assumed I would feel Gabe, my next pregnancy, around 16 weeks - or sooner!  I specifically remember being at a Women's Weekend Retreat, being 16 weeks along, and NOT feeling any movement.  Seasoned Mommas and good friends tried to assure me that it was still really early and that everything was fine, but I know now that was my first indication that something was wrong.

So, the hope is that I feel this GummyBear soon!  I know that feeling will give me such peace of mind.  So, that's the prayer for the next few weeks...

Yummo!!

Comments

  1. It's amazing how vastly different each pregnancy and each person can be! I felt Tyler so much earlier compared to my friend with her first (who is due a week and half before me now!). Can't wait to hear if your gummy bear is a healthy boy or a healthy girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking