Zoe's First Haircut

Zoe has had long hair since she entered this world.  It started out very dark, almost black, but has always been a little curly.  The top section grew much longer and faster than everything else and I actually trimmed it twice before she turned a year old.  The hairdos varied as her length grew...

-A clip to keep it outta her face:

-A clip holding her bangs in front of a ponytail on top of her head:

-A ponytail including her bangs which was always a little too close causing her to look like a unicorn:

-A reallllly long ponytail:

-Two smaller pigtails:


Lovely.  I knew she needed a haircut and that bangs would help tremendously, but didn't want to be stuck in the situation of having to have them trimmed every few weeks.  Finally, after talking to some wise Mommas, I decided to give her side-swept bangs instead of ones cut straight across.

We made an appointment with the same lovely woman who cuts Joel's hair and I was anxious to have it done!  Although, on the drive over, it suddenly hit me that my baby was not longer a baby, but a (gasp!) toddler, who was about to have BANGS.  As she sat on my lap, shaking like a leaf, the tears were starting to fall.  No!  Not her, ME!  It was such a monumental moment...

Comments

  1. your so cute Meg!!! I love how you say "shaking and crying" and you mean you not her..isn't that the truth for us mommas, that don't really want their babies growing up

    Jenn <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem traumatic to take your toddler to a salon for their first haircut! As much of a pain (and mess) it is to cut K's hair, I'm so glad I don't have to take her somewhere to have it done or I would be a sad momma, too!

    And I just want to say, I hope you have a hundred more babies because you make the CUTEST ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Kyle do make the cutest babies in the world! Keep up the good work. Gah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking