What I've been DYING to tell you...

We are having another baby!!  And we couldn't be happier!!

(Written at ten weeks:)  I have never been more sick.  It started around six weeks, improved for a day or two in week nine, and is still going strong.  I'm hoping I only have another two weeks to go and that it's going to magically disappear as I enter my second trimester.

I've also had the normal symptoms that come along with growing a human: exhaustion during the day which results in an 8pm bedtime, a little bit of heartburn (but way less than I've had in the past, which makes me think I may actually produce one bald baby), extreme forgetfulness (like going downstairs to put the laundry in the dryer only to discover I added the clothes and the soap but never closed the lid, so the washing process hadn't even started yet!), and massive and specific cravings.  Our latest grocery store trip caused the following items to magically appear in the cart:  Maui BBQ Potato Chips, cans of Beefaroni, and donuts.

Here at ten weeks, I am already showing.  But, it is technically my fifth pregnancy, so I know that is to be expected.  After you pee on that stick, your body is all like, "Oh! I remember what to do!"  Check this out:

Whoa Baby!

How we told Facebook...
So, now I'm eleven weeks.  It's Thanksgiving Day and we had our first official appointment yesterday.  I was fortunate enough to see one of my most favorite midwives.  What makes that even more special is that RIGHT NOW she is on her way back to her home state.  She's moving away from us, but I was lucky enough to get one of her very last appointments! 

Why do I love her so much?  She was there to deliver Joel.  She was there to deliver Zoe.  And she was there to admit me to the hospital when I was in labor with Gabe.  And then after he was born, who shows up?  This midwife.  In regular clothes.  Not there because she was working, there because she wanted to be there - to meet Gabe, and to hold him.  Makes me cry just thinking about it.

So, yeah, I'm super blessed that I was able to see her one last time.  The appointment was great and she even gave me an ultrasound so we could physically see our baby and the heartbeat.  Amazing.  Simply amazing.

We have another ultrasound scheduled for next week to officially date this pregnancy, so I'll be able to see baby again soon!  Kyle and I have decided not to find out the gender at 20 weeks, but we will reveal our boy and girl name to you readers around that time so that you have THAT to look forward to.  You're welcome.  ;)

Enjoy your family today!  Eat well, and praise God for all the blessings in your life!  Love, Meg

Comments

  1. your so awesome!!! but i wanna know what it is!!!!! i guess the name will have to do huh??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for your family!!! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!! Tracey Knight-Simane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking