The "It's Not About Me" Challenge

So, last week I was participating in a 7-day challenge through my church.  It was tough, but it was amazing.  Everyday was a new challenge and I'll just say I wasn't able to do them all.   At one point I realized my family was under spiritual attack.  Not sure how you feel about that term, but trust me - there was no other explanation.  There was a day of crazy sickness in my household, and then there's the radio in our Jeep that just stopped working, leaving me unable to listen to worship music everywhere I went.  And of course, Gabe's 3rd Heavenly Birthday was during this week and one of our final challenges was held in the Funeral Home where we held his services.  (!!)  But, by the end of the week, I was left completely and totally blessed.

One of the first challenges was to tithe 10 percent of your day to God, meaning to spend 2.5 hours a day in devotion to Him.  This seemed impossible at first, but soon I was literally craving that special time with Him.  Yesterday, the first day I was off the challenge, was busy.  I didn't wake up and start my day with a quiet time, I didn't have my worship music on in the Jeep, and I didn't even here the sermon at church because I was serving in the nursery.  By yesterday afternoon I could just feel the need to connect with my Savior, and I offered to run an errand just so I could be alone with my thoughts and prayers.

I wanted to share a video with you that I made for one of the challenges:  Live today as if it were you last.  I posted it on Facebook and it's been shared a few times from some of my friends.  I'm just amazed and in awe at how Jesus is working through me and my story.  To God be all the glory!  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking