Leave Room for the Holy Spirit


Have you ever heard that phrase??  Apparently it’s popular at Christian summer camps, when coed teens are combined for fun, fellowship… or even dancing (gasp!) 

Just this week I was talking about my blog (which I tend to do) and was explaining to the ladies at my Mom’s Bible Study that not only has writing been healing for me, but it’s also encouraged my own relationship with Christ.  And, that’s because, I’m literally the co-author of this blog.

Apparently, I’ve been “leaving room” for the Holy Spirit this whole time!!

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a rough day, and I’ve just known that I needed to sit down and blog.  Moments later, I have an entire entry made, without much thought or effort.  I truly believe that the Holy Spirit helps me form these sentences that you read.

The most amazing part?  As I was sharing this with my friends, a few of them nodded in agreement and one dear friend said that she knows the Holy Spirit influences my writing because there have been many times she reads an entry and feels like it’s just what she needed to hear!  That although as she's reading she can hear me saying it, she would sometimes wonder, "Did she really write that!"

I feel so honored and privileged to have this outlet for my thoughts… and this connection with my Creator.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking