All About Baby

Finding out we were expecting baby number five was quite the surprise.  If you haven't heard already, my hubby had the little Snip Snap Procedure done LAST October, because we were very sure our family was complete.  Then God laughed from the Heavens at our attempts to control things once again.  Kyle never did any follow-up appointments, assuming if we waited long enough that we'd be safe.  Insert nervous laughter here.

Over the summer I distinctly remember trying to keep up with my workouts, yet my stomach was growing by the day.  One evening in particular, on June 19th, I put on a tight running tank and went for a jog.  With each step I took, my eyes were drawn downwards at my belly that clearly looked "with child."  When I was done I came inside and announced to Kyle that I was SURE I was pregnant and that he needed to go get a test immediately.  He laughed at the absurdity of such an idea but agreed, knowing that seeing a negative test would put my mind at ease.

I didn't even wait for the (TMI alert) first morning pee, I did it right then.  And it showed up positive faster than any other pregnancy test I've ever taken.  I was in absolute shock.  I walked out of the bathroom very wide-eyed with the stick in my hand and showed Kyle.  He laughed and smiled and smiled some more.  I kept saying, "What are we gonna do?" and "I don't want to go through labor again!"

In all honesty, it took about three hours that afternoon for the realization that I was pregnant to include happy thoughts.  But then it happened, I smiled.  Okay God, let's do this.

I felt like I was showing immediately, and because my (another TMI alert) cycles had been irregular, I really had no idea how far along I was.  My amazing midwives allowed me to come in for a dating ultrasound, which barely showed us anything as I was less than six weeks along.  You know what they say, after so many kids your body just knows what to do and you show faster with each one.  After a second ultrasound where they were actually able to measure something, we received our magical due date of Valentine's Day 2016.

11 weeks along



For weeks and weeks I feel like the initial belly bloat caught up to the baby actually growing, and I just stayed the same weight and size.  I've been trying hard to keep up with my workouts, as I know that staying active helped so much with my last pregnancy and delivery.  (However, all this darn Halloween candy isn't helping matters.)  Now at 26 weeks along, I still spend most days in disbelief that we're actually having another baby.  Her beautiful nursery is 100 percent completed and I still walk by and think, "Well, that's a pretty room, but who's it for?"



As emotionally unprepared as I feel, I also can't believe how quickly the weeks are flying by.  And I know that my last trimester will probably not drag on as it usually does because of the various events coming up - Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and then my birthday.  And then she'll be here.  Like, actually here.  With us.  Part of this crazy family.

So many people have asked if we're actually genuinely happy about adding another child to our home ("It's okay," they'll say.  "You can tell me.") and I can honestly say we feel absolutely blessed.  This child is coming with such a sense of profound purpose.  Her little life was created even when we were preventing it.  God wanted to make sure she made it here, even after we thought we knew what was best for us.

We have another Level II ultrasound coming up on Tuesday, and I'm hoping Kyle and I will be in 100% agreement on her name and will be able to announce it then.  As always, I'd appreciate your prayers as checking various parts of her anatomy always makes me an Anxious Momma.  Love you all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking