Little Loves

For my generation, blogging has become somewhat of a digital diary.  This website, along with the one I originally started five years ago (found here) is something I can look back on for years to come.  A place to store memories, thoughts, and precious pictures.  So maybe more for my benefit than for yours, here is what's new with my little ones...

At Ruby's Dedication
Easter Sunday, with my Mom

Joel will be turning six in about a month.  Holy crap.  He's been doing really well in school, which doesn't surprise anyone.  He's eager to read, loves his friends, even enjoys homework.  His love for puzzles has transformed into a love of Legos.  But the biggest surprise has been his interest in artwork.  He loves to draw pictures for anyone and everyone.  If we're headed to bible study, he creates a masterpiece for his BFF, Elijah.  If he hears that Grandma is coming over, he rushes to complete something for her to have as soon as she arrives.  And now he officially takes "orders" from the kids on the bus - Susy wants an owl sitting in a tree, and John wants Captain America.  Obviously.  He is my sensitive boy.  He aims to please and can be brought to tears with just a look.  He's deeply empathetic and always knows when others are upset.  He strives for perfection and loves a predictable schedule.  He brings me so much joy and makes me feel like I'm doing something right with this motherhood role!

I'm sorry, when did you get this big?
At the Bus Stop

Then there's Zoe.  She's basically Joel's opposite.  Harsh looks don't phase her and she doesn't care if you're upset, haha.  Right now she's two and a half, an admittingly difficult age, but I recently discovered her Love Language is "Quality Time," and she blossomed into a sweet, obedient child when I spent one-on-one time with her.  She has a vibrant soul, and a mischievous spirit.  She loves attention, and is definitely the one who makes us laugh.  Her personality is bigger than life, her speech is that of a Minion, and her heart (when she likes you) is large and forgiving.  She's transformed into quite the girly girl, a real princess who will find a way to twirl around in everything from pretty dresses to her pajamas.  She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to ask for it (read: demand it).  She reminds me so much of myself, she's realistic about life's struggles, you know like getting dressed in the morning.  She's eager to do everything you can do - ride the bus like brother, make dinner like momma.  Her strong-willed nature will serve her well as she heads to school, deals with mean girls and flirty boys.  I know she will stand strong in her convictions so it is our prayer that Jesus will always be her firm foundation.  One thing's for sure, this girl is amazing and so very loved!

With her beloved Babies
Sharing Quality Time

And the baby of the family is our Ruby Mae.  She recently turned ten months old, and is just as sweet as she is pretty.  By far, she's been my easiest baby, and she brings us all so much happiness.  And because (I think) she's my last little one, I try to treasure every single thing she does.  Each diaper change is a chance to talk to her.  Each bottle feeding is a chance to cuddle with her.  I love her sweet smiles, every hair on her little head, her baby breath, and her wittle tootsies.  Despite all my efforts, just as life would have it, she's growing faster than the others.  Her first year is almost over, and she'll be a toddler soon.  Very recently she's shown an ornery side, laughing at me when I instruct her "no."  Here's hoping that's a short lived phase, ha!  Her life has been an amazing addition to our little family and I'm blessed to be her momma...

Bright Eyed
My Sunshine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking