New Year Update

Good morning, friends!  Decided that it was time for a little update on my sweet family.  Hope this new year has you feeling renewed, refreshed, and seeking the Lord!

My dear hubby is in his eighth year of teaching.  He continues to amaze me in both his professional and spiritual growth.  He has a real gift working with children, and dealing with me.  Ha.  Most recently, he's been nominated by his school for Teacher of the Year - something he'd never share with you, so I'm doing it here!  He has the unique ability to challenge and encourage me, all the while lifting me up.  I am truly blessed to have him as both my dear husband and best friend.

Kyle and the kids listening to a recorded book from my precious MIL.
The whole family, in our Christmas Best.


Happy to report I'm still gluten free and never want to go back.  I continue to have moments of carb-filled temptation, but the memory of my last migraine is still fresh in my mind, which helps keep me strong.  This new year has me feeling motivated in every aspect of my life- spiritually, mentally, and physically.  Now that the girls are finally sleeping through the night (mostly), in the same room, it's been the perfect time to start working on my physical health again.  Kyle and I have committed to workout together several times a week in the evenings, in our fully equipped basement. I am such a fan of routines, and I'm loving that one small change snowballs into making even more changes to better yourself.  Together, we've also created a new habit that will continue this year - waking up early to start each morning in devotion.  We both love this quiet time filled with coffee and scripture.  And finally, since I keep getting this question - No, I will definitely not be returning to Facebook.  I cannot adequately describe with words what a blessing, relief, and joy it has been to be disconnected.  No drama.  More time.

Ruby and I on Christmas Eve
At the Doctor's Office


My sweet Joel is five and a half and is loving all things school-related - riding the bus, his kind teacher, his fun friends, learning how to read, and even doing his homework.  Like all my children, he is an absolute joy to be around.  His calm demeanor and gracious presence make me smile everyday.  He's growing into a sensitive and compassionate little man.  He's the best big brother - always willing to help me with his sisters, giving affectionate hugs and kisses.  His intelligence amazes me, as he continues to excel at reading, writing, coloring, puzzles and Lego building.

With Grandma at Gabe's Remembrance Walk

Joel's official Christmas Photo

Taken by Chandra, one of my FAVE pics.

Our Rainbow Baby, Zoe, is now two years old and continues to be our little wild child.  Some days it's hard to determine if this personality of hers is a glimpse into our future, or if her difficult moments are purely age-related.  Kyle and I both can't seem to get over how amazingly beautiful she is, often in disbelief that we had anything to do with making her.  What's also impressive, is that her sense of humor outshines her good looks.  She loves attention and putting a smile on your face.  Recently, it's been such a joy to hear her learn new words and phrases, and she continues to amaze us with how much she comprehends.  Zoe is simply our strong-willed, cheerful, energetic entertainment, and we're thankful for her everyday. 

Bundled up and Sitting Pretty

Being Momma's Big Helper
Looking WAY too grown up.

Our lovely Ruby is now six months old.  Her personality and looks remind Kyle and I a lot of big brother, Joel.  Since birth, she continues to be calm, loving, and deliciously sweet.  She's very affectionate and loves to give big sloppy kisses, all while holding strongly to your face or (ouch!) hair.  At her last well check appointment, she was in the 96th percentile for height and has been wearing twelve month clothing.  She's finally starting to sleep through the night and is no longer swaddled for comfort.  She loves standing while supported, but isn't a fan of tummy time and is therefore no where close to crawling.  (Which is just fine with this Momma, who's trying to keep her as little as possible for as long as possible.)


Smiling Big with Constant Companion, Momma

Sitting up takes serious concentration.
Happy Baby says, "Hope you enjoyed these pictures!!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking