29 Weeks

Good morning!  Thought I'd rest my brain this week and just write a blog updating you all on this baby.  I'll turn 29 weeks tomorrow, which makes me already in my 29th week, which is always confusing.  So, let's just say I'm seven months pregnant...

Our little one continues to be very active, at all times of day.  I'm at the point where I should be doing "kick counts" to ensure that I'm feeling her move, but I've never had to stop and think "Is she moving?" cause just give it a second, and she'll move.  Truth be told, I actually wouldn't be surprised if she came out Samuel instead of Ruby.  Both times we had an ultrasound, the technicians were not 100%, and she's crazy active, just like big brother Joel was.  Good thing I'm not preparing a pink room for baby to come home to!  We haven't purged any baby/kid items yet, so no matter what - we'll be prepared with the appropriate clothing, sheets, towels, shoes, accessories.

I had a little scare last week after I failed my one-hour glucose test.  Which, by the way, has never happened to me in the past.  But, I took the exhausting three-hour test yesterday morning and called to get my results later that afternoon.  Passed.  Whew!  If you know me, you know I researched Gestational Diabetes all.weekend.long, and because my one hour draw was high on both tests, I'm going to be trying to stick to this healthy way of eating for the duration of this pregnancy.  Ha, for the duration of my life, really.  I love that it's not necessarily no/low carb, but that you just learn to eat protein more often.  So, you have greek yogurt with that apple and you eat peanut butter with those graham crackers.  It's so doable!  My biggest accomplishment was sticking to this way of eating during the Easter celebrations on Sunday!  No coconut cake was consumed by me!  Which was extra hard, cause my MIL happens to make the best cake known to mankind...

Enjoy this new pic.  Weight gain is at six pounds, which is still so crazy to me.  For the record, at this point in my other three pregnancies, I had already gained 20-22 pounds.  So, yeah.  There's that.


Comments

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you're staying healthy! It feels great to not feel miserable about how much you'll have to lose at the end. I gained the most with Kimber but I was still wasn't up to my highest point with the other two (which happened to be the same). We shall see how long it takes to get rid of this! :) You look great! And you should totally enjoy a little slice of cake. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking