Changing Seasons

So... it has occurred to me recently that my life will never again look the same.  I'm not getting all deep on you, I'm just saying this year is going to look differently than any other year I've lived.

Kyle starts his Master's classes and has prayerfully decided to become a Young Life leader once again.  Joel starts Pre-School three times a week, which will leave this household feeling empty and quiet.  As a SAHM (stay-at-home-Momma), my life has never included dropping a kid off to school, or spending evenings alone - which only makes the long days seem longer! 

Since I stopped working four years ago, I've been able to come and go as I please, doing whatever I wanted with my littles.  And now someone else will be molding and shaping my little man!!  It's just kind of surreal.

For awhile now, whenever I'm having a tough moment, I just remind myself that this is just a season of life I'm in.  When the kids are crazy or I don't feel like I see my hubby enough, or when that vacation doesn't feel at all like a vacation - I hear God whisper, "Your life will be totally different in five years from now!"  And it's true...  The kids will be older, more self-sufficient.  My role will, therefore, look different.  Probably easier in some ways, harder in others.

The point is, life is always changing.  We don't live the same year twice -  and, what a blessing that is!  I will just have to choose to joyfully embrace what lies ahead of me.  One-on-one time with my gorgeous daughter, more evenings spent with family or friends, and afternoons filled with stories about Joel's day.  It's going to be great...





Comments

  1. I love you Meghan Dingle. Oodles of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was lovely!! love your words, your such a great writer... The season you are about to enter is different but also fun and i can't wait to be in the journey with you, as both of our lives and seasons are about to change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much life can change in just a few short MONTHS, let alone years. Nice reminder. Love you bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so true. things never really get easier (or so i'm learning...), just different. Thank you for your kind words on my blog, it was very sweet of you =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking