Deep Thoughts by Meg


So I had an epiphany on my vacation last week and I thought I’d share it with you.  Maybe it’s spiritual maturity (now, doesn’t that sound humble)... maybe I’m just getting old, but it occurred to me that basically everyone has a “Gabe” situation at some point in their life.

It might not be the loss of a child, but it could be living in an unhappy marriage, facing infertility, dealing with a loved one with a terminal illness or an incurable condition.  I could go on and on…

I’m not downplaying the fact that losing a child also means dealing with a grief that lingers a LIFEtime.  I’m just saying that my perspective has been changed a little more.  You can get along with MORE people if you remember that we’re all dealing with something.  It’s like that quote,

“Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.”


Comments

  1. Our hearts are somehow connected. I'm sure of it now. This is a topic that's been heavy on my heart lately. We (or maybe just I) always tell ourselves what a unique situation we have been through, even others say it. But the truth is, I couldn't imagine losing my husband, one of my siblings, getting divorced, filing bankruptcy, dealing with addiction, etc. We can't judge anyone else's pain just like no one else can judge ours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table for Six

My Tattoos...

Horrible, Thanks for Asking